Friday, June 15, 2012

Outfit Under$30 - Inspiration










Jacket: Sears - $4.99
Shirt: (thrifted) - $3.99
Pants: Old Navy - $8.49
Shoes: Sears - $2.99
Handbag: Liz Claiborne Leather(thrifted) - $2.50

Total: $22.96
Under $30 budget: $7.04

I'm one happy camper.  Lately I've felt like I've really hit a plateau with my photography and like I just was not progressing at all.  Every picture felt so blah.  Looking back, I realized all of my photos that I've liked were NOT taken around our little neighborhood.   I've just gotten tired of trying to find nice, quite little spots to take pictures and I've gotten so tried of trying to take photos with people just staring at me. Lately I haven't even wanted to venture outside to take photos.

Today I took the tripod and camera with us and while we waited for the husband to get off work, I had a moment of inspiration and pulled out the tripod and just started taking pictures in the field behind the restaurant.  It felt so relaxing and wonderful, I loosened right up and really had a little breakthrough with my photography.

Lesson learned, this summer I'm going to start hauling the tripod around and take pictures at different locations and just relax and enjoy myself!

It most likely helped that I really loved this outfit.  I've been running around all day getting prepared for our fishing trip, so these little snakeskin kitten heels were perfect and I gotta say, even though I love my bright red pants, these dark red ones are getting the most rotation.  They really seem to fit my style, even though I love bright colors, I'm really drawn to natural tones. (this explains my obsession with olive/army green.)  And this military style jacket is one of my very favorites, I'm always surprised at how many of my favorite items don't show up on the blog. (Maybe if I was better about posting.)

Speaking of fishing, I'll be gone for the next couple days, my whole family and I and the kiddos will be off to Chitna, doing the yearly fishing trip.  Hopefully we'll get lots of fish to go into the freezer.  I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and I'll see you all Monday!


The usual Izzy style picture.  If only little girl clothes weren't SO cute!
(Yes, that's a pair of kitchen tongs.  I don't really get it either.)

33 comments:

  1. Love it! The Colours work great together ,the Jacket looks amazing!
    The last Photo ♡ :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your jacket :) I love clothes that look like uniforms :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel with people staring O.O Hate it, but it's so great you found your inspiration! Nature is the best place to take photos. I'm obsessed with olive green too XD, and with your pants, great color!
    P.S
    I'm not a great company for watching movies, cause usually people just want to relax and watch, they don't like having an idiot next to them criticizing every damn scene, haha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    lovely outfit!!
    And the little girl is such a cutie!!


    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new scenery! And those pants are fabulous! Have a great weekend Katie :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see Izzy shares my affinity for cardigans and floral dresses:)I love those rust colored pants. I've thought about buying them a few times, but I have a hard time styling colors in the orange/ red family (except coral). Have a great fishing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that military inspired jacket! It's fun to get out and take photos in different places :) Have a great time fishing!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Izzy is adorable. Love your jacket!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant outfit budget! I do love a good military inspired outfit. The colour palette goes so well with your environment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the breakthrough (although I have no idea what you're talking about, I think all of your posts are off the hook)! I love the military jacket + red skinnies, I'm pretty sure I'll be following suit in fall. I. Want. Your. Purse. Have fun on your fam trip!

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the jacket! The military style is so cute and the color matches so well with those (brown?) jeans. And I agree that sometimes a change in scenery is all that's needed. Being able to take photos in a quiet spot without onlookers around makes your poses look much more relaxed and natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like the pants =) its a nice colour <3

    love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! And so is little one! Enjoy your fishing trip xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a nice feeling, isn't it, when you're wearing something you're really feeling confident in. You show that that's possible without spending a lot of money; but rather knowing your style and your lifestyle. The breakthrough in your photography is immediately apparent in these photos. I like the shot of you with your flower.

    The jacket is wicked. It's got great detailing, like the epaulettes and the scalloped back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great jacket that is -- and that you look this fab in a very budget conscious outfit is even better! amazing.

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you feel fine! Wish you a great Sunday ♡ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the jacket! I can't believe it is so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! have do you do it? :)
    so cool!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have a fun trip! Love your shoes and jacket! Gorgeous pictures.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i just simply adore your outfit! the jacket is super cute!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely burgandy jeans!!

    www.highheelstosneakers.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You do look waaaay more relaxed in these pictures, I think you're onto something!! I like the neutral colour pallette and the maroon pants. The jacket is really interesting, the design and the buttons, great find :)

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't believe this is all under $30 :)
    Amazing outfit!

    http://www.tuwentytri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post: I like these pictures so much!!
    What about following each other? Cosa mi metto???
    Last day to win a Yosi Samra pair of shoes

    ReplyDelete
  25. holy crap girl. those are some great deals! amazing post!

    xx
    Glass of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the rust colored pants, the color of it goes so well with the military jacket! And I love military inspired jackets, I have so many (okay maybe not that many), but I just love wearing the jackets with everything. Have fun on the fishing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow. You know how to shop. Holy cow. This outfit looks so expensive, I can't believe it only cost 23 bucks. Amazing.

    Thanks for leaving a message on my blog today. It's wonderful to meet you.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an amazing outfit for such a low price...I love it when people prove that great style doesn't have to be expensive!

    Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous pants and a fabulous outfit.

    Hope you enjoyed your trip. And thank you so much for stopping by my blog!

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete
  30. These photos look great! Can't believe you took them with a tripod.

    Also, I love this outfit! That jacket fits you perfectly, and the color pallete really suits you.

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great head to toe deal! I'm in love with your jacket and it pairs beautifully with that deep red of your denim!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm glad you found a spot where you could relax and take your pictures. I know what you mean, sometimes taking pictures can be soooo frustrating when there are people watching you and the lighting is bad. You look gorgeous in these photos btw! I love your shoes!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello there!

    My name is Cliff and I'm holding The Sartorialist book by Scott Schuman giveaway right now. I'm so happy that I'm here to officially invite you to join the giveaway, it's open internationally. I'm so excited that you have the chance to win. Thank you so much for your time! :) Click HERE for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)