Thursday, June 28, 2012

Outfit Under $30: Skirts and Ponies!







Shirt: Old Navy - $6.99
Skirt: Pacson - $4.99 (50% off clearence, yeah!)
Shoes: Minnetonka (thrifted) - $3.50
Belt: Came with another dress, so $5.00 maybe?
Handbag: Liz Claiborne Leather(thrifted) - $2.50
Larged Bracelet: Sears - $2.00
Other Braclets: Assorted - $5.00

Total: $29.98

I love this long skirt, but it's just a tad bit too long.  Usually I just roll up the waist to fix that, but today I decided to copy Elizabeth over at Delightfully Tacky.  She rolled her skirt recently and it just looked too cool and it makes those longer skirts work with flats!  Speaking of flats, I'm pretty in love with my new leather sandels I found over at the thrift store.  Would you belive that before I found these beauties, I had not one pair of sandels in my closet?  For a shoe hoarder er, lover, that's pretty shocking!  I just could never bring myself to buy a pair, since it always feels like I'll only get a little wear out of them before the snow comes back around.

In other news, we just bought a new horse!  He's a tall boy and right now, skinnier than a rail.  I've always worked around horses and am pretty serious about horsecare and I get so fticked off at people who think buying a horse is just like buying a dog, all they'll have to do is brush it and throw some food at it.  Horses are such difficult animals to REALLY care for, there's so much that goes into really, really taking the proper care of them and while most people think they're doing an okay job, it couldn't be further from the truth! (We saw a lot of that this year, after looking at horses in the $5,000 to $20,000 range in Alaska, OR and WA, almost every single horse was lame!)  This  young guy that we just bought was in the care of a Pony Cluber, which is suppose to be an orangization that teachs folks how to properly care for and ride their horses.  Well, Pony Club in Alaska is about the most pithetic thing I've ever seen.  This horse lived in one of the most dangerous barns I'd ever seen and they weren't feeding him any hay, just turning him out on a rope(!) so he was only eatting grass.  There are so many things wrong with that I can't even start!  Needless to say, he has rope burns all over his legs, one really nasty one on his back leg we're trying to treat and is just SO skinny.  Ugh.  Aside from all of this, he's a total doll, a big, lanky boy who has these long ears that flop when he walks. (So cute!)  He has a lot of potential and we're so excited for this summer!

Sorry, that was quite a bit of horse rambling on my part, I tend to do that when the suject of horses and horse care comes up.  You'll be seeing some pictures of the cutie soon!





32 comments:

  1. lovely outfit, I knot up my maxi every once and awhile.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt is gorgeous (ahh how did I not see that when I was looking at the pacsun sale section?!) and I love the way you tied it, it makes it much easier to see your new cute sandals. (You definitely have the laid back chic thing down by the way.)

    Wow that's awesome that you just got a horse. I didn't know about proper care for horses before reading this and i'm glad I am more aware of it now. The only animal I have ever taken care of was a guinea pig so I am quite clueless about horses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love horses, they're such majestic creatures! A lot of people don't know how to take care of a cat, so what goes for horses -_- Take some photos of the new horsy will ya? :D
    I'm a bit discouraged by my maxi skirt too, every trash on the streets seem to love dragging beside her :D Yours is so lovely, and perfect combo with the denim :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your skirt! It is so cute, love how you tied it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your maxi skirt - and it looks awesome with that chambray shirt! Have a great weekend Katie :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the skirt! So many different ways you could wear it too....with a tank in the hot, with boots in the fall.......

    Also thanks for introducing me to that other blog you mentioned too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you knotted the skirt, Katie! Congrats on the horse! That's so sad that he wasn't properly taken care of, but I know you'll take good care of him :) Have a great weekend!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Win a custom clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, poor sweetie. I'm glad he found you to take proper care of him! I love this outfit. The belt highlights how teeny your waist is, and the sandals/ knot at the bottom keep it from looking too much like western wear. Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit goes so well together! It's so country & charming. :D Love it!

    That is so upsetting to hear about your new horse. I'm glad that someone is going to give him more care! I don't think a lot of people realize the responsibilities of owning animals... I hope those people you got your new horse from don't have other ones... They don't sound like they know or care about what they're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off, I'm glad that you're so passionate about caring for horses, I rode on a horse once and was terrified, but I'm not going to lie, it was a beautiful and gentle animal. Second, if I haven't already told you, you're looking so slim! I love the way the skirt hugs at your frame and accentuates your curves. Third, skirt tying is genius.

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the knotted shirt and the print on the skirt! Very nice look!

    Sounds like you're the right person to give that horse a home, I hope he heals up and does well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fabulous shopping deals - don't ya just love thrifting!? Greetings from Atlanta. Also, you might like my latest giveaway. Everyone who enters wins a $15 virtual gift card to Inpink jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your skirt and for $5?! I love tying my maxis too, it's so fun. This outfit is seriously gorgeous.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute outfit :) the skirt being tied to a knot reminds me of vanessa hudgens style so chic :)

    http://www.tuwentytri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this look!follow ?

    http://fcireasa.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely outfit and great blog!! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, followd you now on GFC and bloglovin ;-)

    I started also a FB page hope to see you there!
    https://www.facebook.com/Fabulousstylews

    XxX
    https://www.facebook.com/Fabulousstylews

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that skirt!

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok so that skirt is amazing! Really loved how you paired it with the denim blouse!

    Sorry to hear about the horse - I get so upset here in SA when I see horse & carts, and the owners that abuse the horses. Luckily we have an organization now that takes the horses away when they're not looked after, etc. All horses have to be registered and the carts have to have a license plates now!

    Hope you have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad you rescued your horse from the pony club. The treatment of their horses sounds terrible, I hope they get taken away and placed in good homes because your descriptions of their living conditions broke my heart.

    On a happier note I love his outfit, cute skirt (and knot!) and denim shirt. So glad you found a pair of sandals, you need at least one pair for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is one of my favorite looks of yours! that skirt is just too cute and I love it with your denim button down! so well put together.

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've got a great knack for implementing trends at an amazing price point - impressive! The knotted hem gives this such an interesting look!

    ReplyDelete
  22. that chambray skirt combo is fabulous! and so excited about your new horse!!! YAY!!!

    still being [molly]

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this look. So stunning.

    xoxo
    http://www.qhuleque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I cannot believe this entire outfit was under $30!!
    I'm loving the combination of the denim top with that skirt.

    Xo
    your newest follower
    MixandMatchtheFword.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This skirt is absolutely gorgeous! I haven't worn any of my maxis in awhile. You're inspiring me to bust them out & wear them :)

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea to tie your skirt like that, you look amazing! Wao, a new horse?! How exciting!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)