Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lace really dresses up a sunburn








Dress: Urban Vibe
Shoes: Bamboo (thrifted)
Handbag: Liz Claiborne Leather (thrifted)
Ring: Effy
Bracelet: Garage sale

Well, you can't quite see it, but I got some serious sunburn on my back today!  I sort of forgot about the back of this dress being sheer and skipped spraying the sun block on my back.  Big mistake!  Speaking of sun block, has anyone else heard about the guy who burst into flames?  I just heard this from my mom and the radio, they were talking about this guy who put on super high SPF sunblock on, then when he opened his BBQ, he caught on fire instantly!  Apparently high SPF sunblock is really flammable.  That so makes sense, you totally want to put something nice and flammable on yourself before you go roast in the sunshine, right?

I love lace dresses in the summer time, they are just so sweet and you can dress them up so many different ways. Not to mention, just about any shoe in the world works with a great lace dress! 

I've been obsessing over this two tone leather purse for the past two months, it's just been hanging on the rack at the thrift store, taunting me with it's two tone-ness.  But at the crazy price of a whole whoppin' $5, I just let it stay there.  Well, while looking for a jean jacket for little miss Izzy, I noticed they were having 50% off their purses.  Okay, I think I might be able to swing $2.50.  Obviously, I'm crazy.  But at least I'm a crazy person with a lovely two-toned leather purse.


Ooooh, this is going to leave some FREAKY tan lines...



16 comments:

  1. Wow ,hope it don´t hurt too much!
    Love the Dress ,the Colour is so pretty and it looks romantic ,gorgeous :)

    Nice Greetings from Vienna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lace dress is so cute :) Bad tan lines ,you should put some aloa vera gel on it ,it helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is one crazy sunburn!! ouch. on the flip side, your dress is really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! It's so feminine and vintage looking. That sunburn looks painful! Hopefully it will heal in a way that won't have a crazy pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that's the most interesting sunburn I have ever seen! The dress is super cute though!

    xo Andrea
    http://uskar-vor-inspire.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this dress is amazing and so me!! I am so sorry about that sunburn --- I've never seen one like that!!! Use lots of aloe!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty dress!! I know it hurts...but I think the sunburn is kinda cool haha

    www.closetvoyage.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely would grab the bag as well if it's 50% off after $5. Where else can you get $2.50 for Liz Claiborne bag except, goodwill or thrift store? That's the reason I love them so much.

    We should go to thrift store together sometimes. It must be fun.

    Your sunburn looks like animal prints (heheh).

    The lace dress is awesome Katie. It's in my wish list. who knows God listen to my wish and I'll find it at goodwill for half price.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lace dress looks absolutely stunning on you!! But that sunburn (ouch!!!!) I hope it gets better soon! And that little vintage bag is adorable, and such a bargain!!
    And thank you so much for the sweet comment and for following my blog!! I am following you back with pleasure!!
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, your back! Your lace dress looks amazing on you though!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! I never thought of sunscreen for under a sheer lace dress. I hope your skin heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a gorgeous look! love how you put it together.

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty Lace dress! :) Just can't resist laces so pretty <3

    http://www.tuwentytri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohahahah, it looks like a fancy drawing, no biggy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh DEAR, that is one for the records! The dress is just lovely. I like the sweetheart neckline beneath the lace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)