Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jeans and a tee








Coat: Ellen Tracy (gift)
Hat: Great Northwest
Shirt: Ann Taylor (thrifted)
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: SM New York (Sears)
Clutch: Beuno (thrifted)
Necklace and bracelet: Claires

Through out pretty much all of high school, all I wore was jeans and a tee shirt. (Sadly, a baseball hat was included.)  I was such a tomboy and since I worked and taught riding lessons at a local barn, it made a lot of sense.  Today, I still work part time at another barn, so jeans and a tee are still part of my wardrobe. (The baseball hat has stayed dead.)

I wore my well broken in Ariat boots eariler today and after finishing at the barn I changed out my boots for my heels, put on a large necklace and changed my sweater out for this cute little trench. Bamo, instant outfit!  It's not a super dressy outfit, but just a fun and cute way to wear my jeans casualy. (And still not a baseball cap in sight!)



Little miss Izzy sees the camera and tripod come out and she is all ready for a photo shoot!  Poor Woody does not look like he's enjoying it however.
It's been such a rainy month, they've been having fun playing in the puddles non stop.  Even when it's dry out, both the kids want to wear their rainboots and there's just no talking them out of them.


8 comments:

  1. Lol, Izzy+Woody are a cute couple :) I love the bright hue of your trench...and your shoes are amazing! I like knowing that you can transition so easily between work and fun wear, very cool! I'm not sure what color my nail polish is (I went to a nail parlor to get it done--sorry) but it is by OPI. The color reminds me of a new car kinda blue, lol.

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So chic! I have a similar pair of heels and that necklace is amazing.
    I was a tomboy when I was young - hated dresses. I was always in shorts and a t-shirt. Funny how things have changed!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. Izzy is such a cutie. I love your grown-up version of jeans and a tshirt. The necklace really pulls it together and adds a bit of polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should wear hats more often, they really suit you! I also love that green trench a fun addition to any wardrobe! Izzy is pretty darn cute, too!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes jeans and tee is the way to go! Love your green coat. How cute is Izzy!? Thanks for stopping by, let's keep in touch! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore tomboy outfits, cause they're so damn comfy! Sometimes being pretty is not comfy at all :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love this look too. I always love seing someone wearing fedora. It looks so cool to me. Why I can't wear fedore? my falt head? maybe I should try.

    You look cute Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a few key accessories has really transformed your jeans and a tee. I like how the whole look has come together. Your necklace is really fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)