Sunday, May 13, 2012

Someone that I use to know






Coat: Old Navy
Shirt: Boutique XXI (Fireweed Boutique Consignment shop)
Skirt: Banana Republic(thrifted)
Belt: Sears
Shoes: JellyPop (Famous Footwear)
Bag: ..... not sure...
Cute little kid: Mine

I've had this song stuck in my head for the past couple days, even now I'm humming it, as off tune as is humanly possible.  I had serious Peter Cetra flashbacks when this song first popped up on the radio, but I'm really starting to like it.   And It seemed to fit the mood of the picture taking today, learning a new camera takes a lot of trial and error! (Mostly error.)

This is such a girly outfit for me, from the peter pan collar blouse right down those these insanely adorable mary janes. I did add Mr. Skull Ring in there to liven things up a bit!  I love those wool coat, it feels a little vintage in the shape to me and the langth is perfect, I love a coat with just a little bit of dress peeking out from under the hem.

It was so rainy and blowy today, I snuck out when the rain lightened to a drizzle, but there wasn't much that could be done about that wind. 



While I had such a tricky time with the lighting and figuring out the new camera, I did sort of like how these came out.


11 comments:

  1. Hello, Katie! I love you coat! 'Wish I could also wear one of those here in my country. Unfortunately, I live in a tropical country. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit, your clutch and coat are stunning.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the peter pan collar top, so pretty! I like this girly outfit a lot. hahahaha and I love the last line in the outfit details section! Happy Mother's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look! It's so classic, and the peter pan collar give it a cute vintage vibe! I also love the accessories, the watch and rings add the perfect touch! Stunning! :)

    Daydream Frenzy

    Swimsuit Giftcard Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that song :) Now it's in my head too! Love your top, it's got a great vintage vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the peter pan collar and that skirt is so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty top!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous post!!! Adore your blog and inspirations:)
    Please check out mine
    WWW.ANOBANOOO.BLOGSPOT.COM
    Can we follow each other? Im waiting for you:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can feel the weather from your photos. As you said you took them in between rainy day. But I love the effect though.
    Your picture look like vintage and I really like it.

    Have you try flash if there's not enough light. Also you can use flash when sun shines so bright to eliminate the shades.

    By the way, you look cute on that girly outfit. I like your son in the pic too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)