Thursday, May 24, 2012

polka dots that are really easter eggs






Shirt: Gap (thrifted)
Skirt: Ann Taylor (thrifted)
Belt: Sears
Shoes: Bamboo (thrifted)
Bracelets: Assorted
Shades: Old Navy
Handbag: Jessica Simpson (thrifted)

I've remixed this skirt so many times, it's one of my favorite skirts in my closet because it just works with everything and the polka dots actually look like little Easter eggs. (Plus, ahhhh, silk!)  I attempted to make a peplum out of this top, but it didn't quite work out.

My brother kept making me laugh through all of my photos, he's such a funny guy and it's been so fun to see him again.  He's been away at school and Christmas was the last time we all got together.   All of my brothers are such funny, sweet guys and my little sis is pretty cool.

Speaking of siblings, my little sister was so adorable, I had to get an outfit photo of her!


Doesn't she look cute?  She thrifted that adorable pink polka dot purse today!  And the dude is my little brother, he's got some pretty sweet chuck taylors.   It shocks me how much he looks like dad now.



Izzy and Gunnar at work in the greenhouse.  When you're a kid, there's nothing more fun than dirt and water.
Sorry about all the extra pictures, but we had a pretty fun day and I always like to look back through my post and see what we were up to that day. :)

15 comments:

  1. love the pop of red!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Skirt! Love the red Belt :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. We are! It must be the power of the polka dots. :) (I loved all the ways you wore your polka dots!)

      Delete
  4. Ah, the red belt again! Love it, and your smile, so pretty and girly in this post. Also, I'm admiring your sista's purse, cute, quirky, and fun! Just so you know, I'm probably going to find a pair of Chuck's like your little bro's and wear them myself- they look awesome!

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I want a pair like his too! (I really like the gray and white combo and you can't go wrong with a pair of chucks!) And yup, the red belt stikes again. It's the bow, I go to the closet and it starts yelling, "Wear me Katie! I'm too cute, I'm a bow belt and I'm red!"

      Delete
  5. Great outfit dear! I love how you layered up, you look amazing (:

    xx
    Cecilia
    dearestlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your layers and you look great :_) I love your style dear :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no such thing as remixing a skirt too many times, especially when that skirt has polka dots! I really like it with the chambray and red.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look lovely!i really adore your style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like your sunnies and chambray top. your blog name is so funny! i discovered you on chictopia today and just wanted to say hi! :)

    it would make me happy if you visited too!
    pandaphilia style

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that polka dot skirt, so cute! Looks like you had such a fun day in the greenhouse. Your blog is lovely, if you want to take a look at mine it’s at http://www.grassettagillie.com, if you’d like we should follow each other! :)

    xo Gillie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look si so chic!
    just discovered your blogs and it is so nice!
    like to follow each other? i hope so! we could stay in contact!!
    I already follow you on GFC!
    xoxo
    self-dressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)