Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Outfit Under $30 - prints and a vest






Vest: Old Navy - $5.59
Dress: Merona (thrifted) - $5.99
Belt: Sears - $2.99
shoes: Bamboo (thrifted) - $4.99
Clutch: thrifted - $3.00
Bracelets: Assorted (clearance and thrifted) - about $5.00

Total: $27.56

It can be frustrating thrift shopping.  It's different from going into a department store and finding what you're looking for and knowing they'll have it in your size and maybe in other colors.  But the price points and the unexpected thrills of finding treasures really make up for that.  While you won't find something every time you venture into a thrift store, if you keep at it, you will find some amazing things.

Two things I've always had trouble thrifting are shoes and nice handbags.  Lately I've had a little luck with those.  I found these cute wedges not long after I found my striped Steve Madden heels and I've been loving them, so worth the $4.99.  Same with the handbags, as long as I'm willing to dig through the bins and piles, I can find a cute clutch and last week I found the lovely beige Jessica Simpson purse. (See yesterday's post.)   I had to keep reminding myself that even if I didn't find a cute purse or shoes that day, I should keep at it and eventually, it worked out.


9 comments:

  1. Looks classy ,cool and gorgeous at the same Time! Perfect ♡
    Never thought that it costs under $30!

    xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that utility vest - SO cute! And it looks great with that patterned dress :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great sense to make a great combination with low prices :-) LOvely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely have luck with shoes or bags. Those shoes are adorable, so lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the dress looks layered underneath the vest! My Goodwill has hardly ANY handbags so I usually buy vintage ones from Etsy.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the contrast in this outfit! Your accessories are gorgeous!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit! I love how you mixed the feminine dress with the rougher jacket. I also really like the pop of red from the belt, very chic!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That belt accents the dress in such a classy way! I know what you mean about thrifting, but I never catch a break when it comes to purses...ever. That's why when I visit Alaska (someday) I'm dragging you out to all of the shops that you frequent and demand to know all of your secrets! Jk, well maybe not, but nonetheless I really like the vest over the dress, super cool!

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)