Saturday, May 26, 2012

In the rain







Coat: Old Navy
Sweater: J. Crew Thrifted)
Tank: Old Navy
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Sears
Handbag: Beuno

It's been poring today, but we really needed the rain.  We've been on a high fire danger alert the past couple  weeks and the little drizzle rains seem to only bring the thunderstorms that create most of the fires!  (It's funny, a few thousand acres burn down in the lower 48 and it's all over the news, but each year MILLIONS of acres burn up here and there's never even a blurb on the news.)  Anyways, the rain doesn't bother me at all.  I grew up in Seward, Alaska, along the coast and it rains there most of the time, a sunny day is rare! (So, a lot like Seattle.)  I was so shocked when I moved to Fairbanks and realized how little it rains up here in the Interior, we're actually considered a desert because of how little rainfall we get.

Soooo.... I guess I could stop talking about the rain. (But you've come to expect a daily weather update from me, I must secretly want to be a weatherman.)

I love this cardigan I thrifted, it is so cozy and I loved layering it over the beige tank top. (Seriously, this tank by old navy is amazing!  Most of the time their tanks are way too low cut for me, but this one stays up high and works under everything for when I want a cami underneath.  I think I'll have to go back when they go on a serious sale and get some more because these are so useful!)  And leopard print booties are always perfect for any outfit.

My little sister made this gold-tone cuff!  I am so impressed, she did a really great job on it, it is just so beautiful.  I enjoy wearing it so much, the design is so lovely. :)

Whew!  I was on my nightly run this evening and as I was going around these little woods next to an apartment building, a man jumped out of the woods right next to me!  I was so startled I took off and hauled butt all the way home  It was a good thing I was pumped up from listening to Alice Cooper because unless the guy was an Olympic athlete, there was no way he was catching up to me!  It might have been coincidence that he popped out right next to me, but I''m pretty paranoid about stuff like that.



I always end up making strange faces when the neighbors come out while I'm taking photos,
I'm surpised that none of them have asked me yet what I'm doing out there almost everyday with the tripod.

9 comments:

  1. I have that same trench but in a bright St. Patrick's Day green. That's so scary that someone jumped out of the woods like that. Glad you are okay. When I was a teen, I think Seward was one of the places in Alaska we visited.

    (We went to a bunch of places). Happy Weekending!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this trench, I missed out on it when it came back in the green. (The green was so pretty!) How fun that you visited Seward, it's a really fun place to visit, it's such a beautiful place and the town has a lot of history. :)

      Delete
  2. This outfit is simple and classic at first glance but I love the little extras like leopard-print shoe, a statement necklace (reminds me of a dreamcatcher) and piping down the front of the jeans. And each of the pieces really suits your figure. Your sister did an amazing job on the cuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the necklace reminded me of a dream cathcer too, I use to collect them when I was little. :) (I always thought they were so interesting, some of the designs are so beautiful and detailed!)

      Delete
  3. LOVE the thrift find and the cuff! She made that?! That's incredible!

    Okay, the running thing would totally have freaked me out. I think I would have acted more like I was in a sprint, marathon! I'm right there with ya on that one!

    Hope you've enjoyed your weekend!

    Amanda
    It's an Easy Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooove your bag! Hey email me, you won the scarvesdotcom giveaway :D YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such fun shoes and great bag!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ,you look amazing with the Trench Coat!

    Lovely Greetings ♡ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those shoes! love the cardigan too :) That's creepy about the man in the bushes, ugh, running at dusk/night/alone can be creepy at times.

    trench coat = classic piece

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)