Saturday, May 12, 2012

something new



Whoa, the weird faces are back!


And there's another strange one!




Coat: Ellen Tracy (Gift)
Shirt: ? (Thrifted)
Skirt: Ann Taylor (Thrifted)
Shoes: Madden Girl
Bag: Coach (Consignment shop - Designers Boutique)

Well, nothing like having a 6'4 tall person to make you look like a umpa-lompa who's never seen the sun. But I was so excited to try out my Mother's Day present, the husband offered to help give it a test drive.

Yup, I got a new camera!  No more point and shoot, this is a big girl camera.  And it has so many buttons and levers, I don't know where to start.  I'm working my way through the manual, but there is so much they don't tell you.

For instance, you know the lovely bloggers who are always in focus and the background is blurred? I can't figure out the different levels of focus for it. (Sooo, if anyone can give me a hint, that would be great!)

I bought this little blouse last year and I've been having so much fun bring all of my summer clothes out, I was pretty thrilled when I saw this top and if it just isn't the "in" color, mint! (I personally love this top, the fit is so nice.) As you can see, I'm keepin' it real today, no makeup and wrinkles in my clothes and bags under my eyes! (Half of the photos were not usable because my photographer, aka husband, neglected to tell me my top was unbuttoned. The turkey.)



5 comments:

  1. Laughing at your husband not telling you your shirt was unbuttoned. Girl, I think you need to do a post on your shoe collection!! These ones would have been great for the Nautical EBEW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STOP IT! I LOVE those shoes. You look so sassy! Happy Mother's day to you, Missy!

    I got a "big girl" camera (as I like to call it) in January and I'm still trying to figure all of that out... I think the blurring of the background comes from a specific lens and getting the aperture to a certain number.... What it is...?? I don't exactly know! :D

    Hope you enjoy your weekend! :)

    Amanda
    It's an Easy Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! The green jacket is so pretty and the polka dots are so cute :) And dang, love the shoes! hmm to get the blurry background, I think you have to get a certain lens (I think most bloggers use the 50mm f/1.8 lens) And then you can set the aperture to f/1.8 to make the background really blurry. Hope that helps! So exciting to get a new camera. Hopefully I can save enough to get a big girl camera soon too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)