Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Some lace and bad lighting





Shirt: Carhart
Dress: Kohls
Shoes: Franco Sarto
Jewelry: Assorted
Handbag: Coach (Consignment shop- Designers Closet Boutique)

 The lighting was awful today, it kept flickering between super overcast and rays of sunshine peeking through.   

I've discovered a great great little consignment shop in our little town, Designers closet Boutique.  The last time I went in I found my perfect handbag, my brown Willis Coach bag.  I went in a few days ago to find a present for my grandmother and I was blown away by the amount and quality of the handbags they had in.  Tons of Coach, Burberry, D&B and Gucci(real ones, I inspected thoroughly!) and while some of the purses were a little out of my price range, I found quite a few beautiful leather Coach bags for crazy low prices.   I saw this one the moment I walked in and even after looking through all of the other handbags, this stayed my favorite.  It's simple, NOT monogrammed, gently broke in and such a soft color and was SO cheap. (Like, cheaper than a few pairs of tights cheap.)  So while I was a good girl and found a special present for my grandmother's 85th B-day, this pretty little bag came home too.



My photo session captured the rare super-serious-ninja-with-a-stick.  He's taken to tucking his swords in the back of his shirt now that he's discovered Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. 


9 comments:

  1. such a great outfit!!!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lace dress is so pretty on you, Katie! And what a great vintage Coach bag you got on the cheap :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit. The sleeveless button down works so well knotted over the lace dress. The soft lighting actually works really well the the colors you're wearing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lace dress is so pretty and I love that color button down with the neutral color shoes. The bag is great too, I usually never go to the bag section of the thrift store since I spend more time at the skirt and tops section but now I really want to go check the bag section out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice lacy dress! Like ninja shopping mother, your son is on his way to awesome ninja-ness, I can just tell :)

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)