Friday, April 27, 2012

Outfit for Under $30 - Military Jacket










Jacket: Sears $5.99
Dress: Old Navy $14.49
Belt: Sears $2.99
Shoes: Steve Madden (Thrifted) $1.99
Clutch: Thrifted $3.50
Bracelet: Gottschalks $0.50

Total: $29.46


This jacket is one of my very favorite garments, it's made a few appearances so far on the blog, but it works with everything in my closet!   And I might have a slight obsession with military-ish jackets.  Might.

I finally get to show of one of the only two pairs of shoes I've ever been able to thrift!  Steve Madden is one shoe brand that I really like, the shoes are always crazy comfy and they last and last, so I still remember how excited I was when I picked these up in the shoe bin at the thrift store. 

I've noticed that I've started wearing very little jewelry lately.  I use to be the girl who had earrings, necklace, bracelets and rings galore on (mentally I have old-lady-pile-the-jewelry-on-syndrome) but as of late, I wear maybe a bracelet and a ring, or just a necklace.  It is quite weird, I really don't know how or why that started happening. Hmm.





17 comments:

  1. Great Outfit ,all together looks perfect!
    Love the pretty Shoes :)

    Wish you a wonderful weekend ,lovely greetings from Austria<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the print of your dress...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your military jacket I love clothes that looks like uniforms :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress. I tried it on buy neither size I usually wear fit me. Looks great on you and I love the red belt with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the print of your dress is so awesome and I love the military jacket! That's great that you thrifted the steve madden shoes, they have a really cute nautical vibe to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is darling! I love that print.

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to find a military jacket! I've seen so many bloggers wearing them lately!

    katiesbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous outfit! I love this military jacket and how you styled it!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your jacket!
    XOXO

    www.wardrobestories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so impressed that the whole outfit was under $30! Such amazing finds and great deals. I love the geometric print on your dress!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your dress! The print is gorgeous. I can't believe this whole outfit was under $30!! That's amazing.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the military jacket, always liked them, so useful and versatile ! Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies
    You are invited to enter these amazing giveaways:
    Oasap Spring Giveaway: win $ 90 gift card on Oasap ! until May 13th
    Promdressesale Pinterest competition ! You can win $ 60 gift voucher ! until May 7th

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for visiting and for your thoughtful comment....love seeing you there!! this is a great outfit and I love the dress paired with the military jacket. A favourite look for me!! Great post!
    xo
    Sada

    Dressology HQ

    ReplyDelete
  14. under $30? well done!!
    love the print on the dress, and those heels were such a score!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh I totally hear you! I used to be all about the accessories and feel naked without earrings, a necklace and something on my wrist. But these days I'm like "meh". I love this look on you so much! The print on the dress is fab, the clutch is lovely and I love that jacket! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)