Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just a simple girl






Vest: ? (thrifted)
Shirt: Dolled Up (Fred Meyer)
Cami: GW
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Fanco Santo (Famous Footwear)
Earrings: Handmade (By moi!)
shades: claires
Handbag: Coach (Consignment Shop- Designers Closet)

Sort of took a long break there, but it was sort of a crazy week. 

This is a pretty casual outfit, just jeans, sandals and a easy shirt, but the vest adds just enough interest to keep it from being a total snooze fest.   Heh, you can see where I burnt myself!  After telling everyone to watch out for the hot pans, I act like a total genius by brushing up on one of them and tada!

At least I did try to put some makeup on today, I've been wearing a really pretty coral-pinkish lipstick I found, from the Wet-n-Wild brand no less! (Almost the perfect lipstick, goes on nice, stays for a while, good color and super cheap, I think it was $1.99.)    I love the look of red lipstick, but it always looks harsh on me and I personally really like berry shades and pinks.  

10 comments:

  1. Nice Pics ,the Vest looks gorgeous with the lovely Blouse :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! That burn just adds to your tough factor. I like how you can totally pull off a faux fur vest (wait... that is faux right? I can never be too sure with you Alaskans... jk) and still be totally casual. I like the coral lipstick, it really brightens up your face.

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty Katie - love those earrings! And the fur vest goes great with that floral tee :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the vest!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! These jeans fit you great and I love the earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The furry vest makes you look so cute and cozy! And score on the lipstick...wet and wild stuff is the best!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. im in love with that vest, how fabulous ist that lining!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. loveee the purse! so cute ; )

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the feminine top mixed with fur! So pretty!!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the airiness of your lacy blouse contrasted with a fur vest (cool lining too!). Your makeup is very pretty and natural-looking.

    Take care of that burn! Looks painful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)