Monday, April 16, 2012

Challenge: Floral silk blazer








Blazer: ? (Thrifted)
Shirt: Lands End (thrifted)
Pants: Old Navy
Shoes: Madden Girl (Famous Footwear)
Handbag: Relic
Shades: Claires (and still in one piece!)

Whoa!  Another new photo location!  The snow has mostly melted in the little park near us, so I got some outfit photos in while the kids got to play,  a two-for-one!   Since people keep asking, I'm not chilly in my photos. (Although it doesn't look cold today!)  The weather in Fairbanks changes FAST,  all of my photos lately have been in 50-65 degree weat\her, so it's quite warm, even with the piles of snow.  In fact, I was getting too warm with my blazer on by the end of these photos.

On to the challenge for this week!  I picked this floral blazer up at the thrift store a while back, I wasn't sure how to wear it but I had trouble passing up a silk blazer for cheap.  Dark denim seemed like the easy choice to wear it with, but I wanted to try something a little more out of my comfort zone.  Saturated bright pants did NOT work with this blazer, but after trying on most of my color denim, the rust color of these seemed to work well and I've been waiting to break out these awesome sandals.  I've been stalking the Shoemint website, waiting to see if they bring back the blue Chloe sandals on waitlist. (I'd been saving up and then they vanished in the size 9, I should have just bit it and just gone for the 8.5, but I will have to wait and hope now.)  So until then, these sandals will fullfill my bright sandal longings.


This outfit actually works well for going to the park! Before you ask if I'm crazy for coco puffs....


I packed the blazer away in my purse and whipped out the awesome payless flats that I take everywhere and tada!  Cute mom at playground outfit.  (And the other moms won't stare at the crazy lady in the floral blazer.)

17 comments:

  1. I love the colored denim with the blazer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you challenge yourself every week, it's so refreshing and gives me inspiration! Girl, if I ever go to Alaska, you seriously need to take me to your hotspots. The blazer is awesome and I really enjoy the color contrast with the striking skinnies :)

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want that amazing blazer and those fierce shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your heels!:X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute and I love the quick-change of shoes! Great outfit and fantastic inspiration. I'd be stumped with a floral blazer too and you styled it perfectly!!!
    xo
    Sada
    Dressology HQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes are SO fun - love the colors!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that floral print blazer! And those colorblock heels are amazing! I'm glad it's warmer than it looks since I was getting worried about you freezing outside with all that snow :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. OBSESSED with the shoes!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved!! :D This shoes are so cute!

    http://russiandolls-ac.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. those shoes are awesome! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the clothes you are wearing in this outfit and how the entire outfit looks! The blazer is so beautiful with the rust colored jeans and the heels are such a bright and pretty color :) I really like the Chloe shoemint shoes too, the scalloped edge is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your blazer! I've been really wanting a floral blazer but can't find one. Your shoes are amazing too!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't believe you thrifted that blazer. It is so pretty! YOu look great!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the chambre shirt! It's such a versatile piece! Those shoes are super duper fun! PS - I'm very intrigued that you live in Alaska! I'd love to hear intermittent seasonal stories of survival. LOL xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katie, this blazer is beautiful!

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)