Thursday, April 12, 2012

Car dodging: A sport for style bloggers?









Hat: Old Navy
Shirt: Laura Scott (thrifted)
Shorts: Old Navy
Tights: Joe Boxer
Shoes: SM NewYork (sears)
Shoulder Bag: Handmade (Gift)

It was just one of those days.  I kept trying not to fall alseep while taking pictures, at least all of the cars zipping around kept me alert or these would be some borrring photos...


This shoulder bag is one of my very favorites!  One of my little brothers gave it to me for Christmas a few years back, he'd picked it out all by himself at one of our local craft bazars from a lady who handmakes all of her bags.  He did such a good job, but all of my little brothers are so sweet when it comes to buying/making christmas presents, they get so serious and thoughtful about it!

When I buy shorts, I always buy them a size or two larger, just because I really like loose shorts and I sort of have a fear of flashing people my butt cheeks. (Like when you see shorts that are too short or tight and walking behind people becomes a frightening game of peekabo.)  I figured I should get my tights under shorts wearing done while it's still in the 40s-50s, soon it will be way too warm for that.

I got totally out-cuted today by this little lady. (Granted, she out-cutes me about an even 100% of the time.)



21 comments:

  1. It's so weird to see the actual pavement in your outfit pics, haha :) Love those colored tights, and that lacy top is so pretty!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I've done the car dodging before. Seems the street will be quiet and then the second I go out to take photos, there's a million cars going by. Have a great weekend, Katie!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, love the shorts and tights, and that lacy top is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your coment! You look must more pretty on the sunshine them me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your look!! Following too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tights and shorts with those leopard booties:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, she is so sweet! You both look very pretty!:X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those shoes! I have definitely done some car dodging ... and some creeper dodging. Good thing Mr. A is my photographer!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute shirt.



    http://style-chameleon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute shoes!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true! love the whole look, something i'd sooo wear

      Delete
  11. Such a cute outfit! Would you like to follow each other? Following you already :)
    XOXO

    www.wardrobestories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I hate when I spot a car or person headed my way during style shoots. So awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha I have not tried car dodging yet for my blog photos, but I love these photos! Your red tights are really pretty and so are your shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely photos..and so stylish as well:)
    btw if u like lets follow each other
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great hat! Looks adorable on you :)

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this outfit! Your shoes are amazing!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katie, this is probably one of my favorite outfits so far! I love that you were able to pull off the red and blue... as for that hat, I'm jealous that you can pull them off so well! (There is something about my head that makes any kind of hat look ridiculous on me)

    xoxo,
    Genie


    www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Katie, it's fun to see how much your style is evolving. This outfit brings together a lot of disparate elements but they work incredibly well together. Your little brother and daughter are cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)