Thursday, March 15, 2012

Poofy hair goodness!








Jacket: Gap (thrifted)
Shirt: Kardashian for Sears
Dress: Sears
Tights: Sears
Shoes: SM New York (sears again!)

I call this my sears outfit.  It counts because the thrift store is right next to Sears and up here, nothing is ever "right next door."  However, all I need to do is take my jacket, get some pjs, an ascot and some bimbos and I've got a Halloween costume!

This outfits has some of my favorite things to wear, Ive already shown this dress with another shirt.  I looked for a long time for a cool animal print dress, then last year Sears came out with this gem.  It's such a fun, funky, abstract take on animal print, it's so me.  (Check your local Sears, depending they still might have this at crazy good clearance, last time I saw it, it was running at $5.99.)  This lace shirt was one I thought about a lot, I really wanted a cute lace button up, but at the crazy price of $115, it was a big "Uh. No."  But on clearance, with 30% off clearance and a 20% off coupon, it was a steal for about $10.  (One of the cute Kardasian items too!  I've already gotten a ton of wear out of it.)  The shoes?  $5.99, super comfy with an awesome chunky heel.  And ohhh, the Hugh Heffner jacket.  I love a cool, menswear jacket and for $5, I got a well made jacket that goes with everything.  I even painted my nails and that's usually a once every two years kinda thing. (Although I really only did it because my daughter LOVES nail polish and painting everyone, including daddy's, nails.  It's hard saying no to those big pretty brown eyes and she knows it.)


8 comments:

  1. Great layers! Like the lace button down under a dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, a lace top is one of those items that works with almost everything. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Very cute outfit! I love the lace (I need more of it in my closet), and your dress is way cute - love the fun pattern!

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love, looove lace! I'm so happy it finally came back into style, it's fun to see all of the modern ways to wear it.

      Delete
  3. You're an incredibly savvy shopper. I can't get over the prices you paid, especially that awesome lace top. I must say, the Kardashian line is growing on me after reading your blog. For a ballsy night out I could see it tucked into a pair of polished jeans with a neon bra underneath (in my mind, I don't think I'd dare venture out in that). The print is fantastic too; it's like animal print by stealth. Like the subtle colour too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a small budget for clothes, so I try to make the most of it, both by thrifting and using the coupons, in the end it really works. Not all of the Kardashian collection is good, but there are some fantastic little gems in it and if you hit the sales and coupons for them, they fall back into more of a reasonable price range.

      Delete
  4. Haha I love how you call it a "Hugh Hefner" jacket! I had to scroll all way back up and all I have to say is - "It cannot be unseen!"

    The print on that dress is many kinds of awesome. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic, I rather like the Hugh Hefner jacket, but it seems more like a pimp blazer to me..are they the same thing? Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)