Friday, March 16, 2012

It's so bright!






Coat: Fleet St. LTD.
Jacket: Old Navy
Shirt: Old Navy
Dress: ? (Thrifted)
Tights: Sears
Shoes: Playless
Bag: Fred Meyer/Kroger

Okay, I'll admit I'm not wearing this now.  While unloading the groceries out of the jeep, I dropped the juice and it exploded all over me.  It was my fault, wearing white anything is like jinxing yourself for that kinda stuff.  So the dress is now sitting in the sink with the oxiclean.

Aside from that, there wasn't many pictures of me not blinking, the only time for pictures was this morning and the sun was right in my eyes.  I'm also showing you my awesome winter coat, it has lasted me many years and clearly needs to be washed again.  During the winter this is always my outer layer and it just doesn't feel honest not to show it every now and then, it's a item in heavy rotation in my closet.  During the really cold weather, -20 below or colder, I also wear my snow pants over everything and then strip them off when I get where I'm going. (It sounds awful when I say it that way, but that's what everyone does up here does. It gets pretty entertaining at the entrance to the grocery store.)


This is such a pretty little white polka dot summer dress, but it's not lined,so I always wear a slip, tights or a shirt over it.  Luckily, that really works for winter!  I also have to say that the lovely Tashia over at Hips and Hangers (go see!) inspired me to knot my shirt today.  After struggling to make my dress and shirt work with a belt(and failing) I thought back to Tashia's last post and how cool her cardi looked knotted, so I followed suit.  Thanks Tashia!



I couldn't help posting this, Gunnar has such a mischievous little grin!  We all has such a fun Friday, we grocery shopped for the week, went to the train store(Barnes and Noble, but it gets called the train store because of the Tomas the Train table setup) picked out books for everyone, went to the new frozen yogurt shop in town,(YAY!) and then it was off to the thrift store were we found little treats for everyone.  When we got back I did a little DIY where we made a Darth Maul light saber out of two light sabers we got at the thrift store, some glue and duct tape and some silver spray paint.  It came out really nice and is solid as a rock.  (I also managed to put a Ker-o transformer set together, which if you know me, is NOT my forte`!)  Then tonight we're going to watch the new Star Wars:the Clone Wars episode and Gunnar has his light saber for it.  It all sounds silly, but we're pretty low key!
I guess I should title this my mommy post.

4 comments:

  1. That always happens to me when I wear white! I feel your pain. Love the tied shirt. I admire your style in cold weather...that's tough for me! Thanks for the visiting my blog!

    http://creativelystylish.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving how you winterized it - the plaid shirt with that skirt looks so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look SO cute! i love how your paired the white skirt with the plaid shirt! and those tights just tie the whole outfit together!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrr! I do hope it warms up for you soon...looking at these pictures just makes me so cold! But I do love your white skirt; too pretty! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I always like hearing feeback! (It really makes my day!)